Necessary tools for your success!
Fellow Business Leader:
Our clients have tapped into a solution that multi-billion-dollar companies use to analyze their business problems and apply the solutions to improve their operations.
Data Analysis Combined with Lean Six Sigma
specifically designed for the needs of small to medium sized organizations.
The Journal of Applied Business Statistics
The Journal is a monthly publication that covers basic through advanced Statistics and Data Analysis techniques, plus a complete, detailed Lean Six Sigma Training Course for managers, business owners and executives.
The Journal provides ideas and tools to help business leaders tackle:
● Operational process inefficiencies
● Cash Flow issues
● Analysis on marketing methods and strategies
● Waste of resources, time, and non-value process related activities
● Testing Profitable Decisions
● Current state issues
● Slower than expected growth
● Low profitability
● Concerns about whether products or services are priced correctly
● Worries about employee productivity and absenteeism
● Satisfying customers
Each monthly issue of the Journal is designed to give business leaders the knowledge, tools and techniques that lead to a more efficient, profitable operation using the power of Statistical Analysis and Lean Six Sigma. These two products will help to establish, monitor, and maintain control of business trends.
Your Journal subscription will help you learn key theories and statistical topics from basic to advanced levels. Get up to speed with cutting-edge research, data, surveys, and methods. In addition, you will become acquainted with a variety of analytical tools, such as:
● Problem Identification through Process Mapping
● Process Maintenance through Control Charting
● Hypothesis Testing
● Analysis of Variance
● Regression Analysis
Applied Business Statistics and Lean Six Sigma
An extremely powerful and proven combination!
Applied Business Statistics. Organizations ranging from NASA to the Unites States Marine Corps, and Fortune 500 Companies like Amazon and Google depend on data analysis to be successful. There are practical reasons businesses lean on applied business statistics:
● Shipping department analysis
● Supply chain analysis
● Staff wages and performance
● Product pricing decisions
● Marketing analysis
● New product research and development
● Website analytics
● Inventory analysis and control
● Consumer spending pattern analysis
● Capital budgeting analysis
● Conversion analysis
● Demographic analysis
● Sales funnel analysis
● Manufacturing defect probabilities
● Future sales forecasting
● Price elasticity analysis
● Consumer satisfaction survey analysis
As your business organization grows in its statistical competencies, you will create customized methods of analysis based on your specific business needs. This methodology is called Design and Analysis of Experiments.
How to know if The Journal of Applied Business Statistics is right for you. Read the following excerpts from the first monthly journal
Statistical Analysis excerpts from the first monthly journal
Data and Statistical Excerpt from Journal 1, Article 1:
Statistics is the science of collecting, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting data to assist business owners, and managers to make more informed successful business decisions.
● The number of injuries at plant B decreased by 5% last year.
● Last month’s ad campaign yielded 100 new customers.
● The average time spent on the firm’s website was 5.5 minutes per visitor.
This is good information but, these are simply numbers on a page that do little in helping a company make sound decisions. By using Statistical Analysis and Descriptive Statistics, we now have the tools and methods available to work with data effectively and graphically, making it significantly easier for others to understand.
For example: : Displayed are the Delivery Times of Two Suppliers.
They both have an average delivery time of 12.5 days,
Using a histogram tells in an instant, that the suppliers are not equally reliable.
In the above illustration, variability is the deciding factor.
- Supplier A: Range = 21-8 = 13
- Supplier B: Range = 14-11 = 3 (More Reliable)
There are several Automated (plug in the data tools) available in the Journal Subscription.
Lean Six Sigma
One of the most powerful process improvement methodologies available. Journal subscribers will learn how to use all the necessary statistical tools when applying the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Problem Solving Process. LSS will improve any business or organization by enhancing customer value, boosting operational efficiencies, and improving quality standards.
LSS obliterates problems by removing waste and process inefficiencies, helping you to respond effectively to customer needs, as well as facilitating a corporate culture of continuous improvement.
Each monthly issue covers all the necessary information and steps required in a Green and Black Belt Lean Six Sigma training course. There is also a certification option if desired, (at additional cost?).
Lean Six Sigma excerpts from the first monthly journal
Lean Six Sigma Excerpt from Journal 1, Article 1:
Lean Six Sigma is a framework that when properly implemented, extends far beyond every aspect of a company’s business. A company that incorporates Lean Six Sigma into its organization, not only has the benefit of identifying its problems and defects, but also the benefit of having a systematic method to eliminate them.
“Problem Prevention over Problem Detection”
The DMAIC cycle is an integral part of Lean Six Sigma, and each step in the DMAIC Process is required to ensure the best possible results. The improvement process and the tools associated with Lean Six Sigma are incredibly powerful and follow a structured approach for problem solving.
► During the Define Phase a Project Charter is created which clearly states the problem to be solved and desired goal to be achieved. The charter and its preliminary tool will be covered in detail with examples.
► The Measure phase is about collecting data to baseline current process performance that’s related to the problem to be solved.
► The Analyze Phase utilizes the most Six Sigma tools available which help isolate the root causes of the problem and provide insight on how to eliminate these problems.
► In the Improve Phase since the root cause(s) have been identified, solutions are created and implemented to significantly reduce or eliminate the root cause(s).
► The Control Phase focuses on ensuring that all the improvements implemented are maintained long after the project has ended.
All the material and tools required for any problem-solving project are provided with this journal subscription.
One of several Plug and Play Tools provided in an Excel workbook for each DMAIC Phase.
This is a trend chart, also known as run charts, used to detect trends and unusual patterns in the data with respect to time. This chart compares a measure before and after the implementation of a solution to measure impact.
A Summary and Review of the Journal offerings:
- A detailed Lean Six Sigma Training Course covering the entire LSS DMAIC Process in full.
- Applied Business Statistics – the power of data analysis – from basic through to advanced topics.
- Numerous real-world statistical examples, applicable to a broad list of industries including yours.
- Dozens of Automated Excel Statistical Tools used for problem resolution.
- An all-inclusive Fast Track Excel Workbook containing a collection of all the LSS DMAIC tools and abbreviated steps to simplify your projects, having your entire project included in one Excel file.
- Kaizen – a continuous improvement vehicle to improve safety, cost, quality, delivery, and responsiveness to customer needs. A 3 – 5 day event for quick hit and “do-now” solutions.
- A one-page LSS DMAIC QuickSolver, designed for low-risk projects and/or individual employee performance.
- LSS Certification Option – Certification details will be provided to interested subscribers.
- An abundant collection of additional reference material
Register for your charter subscription to the Journal of Applied Business Statistics, at special introductory rates!
Yearly subscription $629
Monthly subscription $59
The first journal issue is free. Receive a 13-month subscription for the 12-month price. When you consider that a single process improvement might save or make your company thousands of dollars, your Journal subscription could pay for itself in short order.
Get ready to drive your business
to a whole new level of growth, profit and success.
Michael J. Anderson
Founder/Publisher, The Journal of Applied Business Statistics
Michael J. Anderson is a serial entrepreneur whose experience ranges from running a sheet metal enterprise to operating a day spa. He has also worked as a structural engineer in several architectural and engineering firms and managed engineering departments. Mr. Anderson has used statistical analysis in all of his businesses, as well as consultation work for others.
After he discovered that the vast majority of small and medium sized businesses do not utilize statistical analysis in their organizations – leaving thousands of dollars on the table – it became his passion to help business owners and managers unlock the potential of data analysis, and thus this journal was born.
Edward ’Rick” Florancic.
Co-owner/Publisher, The Journal of Applied Business Statistics
Edward ’Rick” Florancic is a highly trained statistician and Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Professional. Rick has been a Senior Manager for two Fortune 500 corporations for over 35 years, and a Lean Six Sigma Consultant over the past 15 years. As a Consultant, Rick has saved companies over $53M by driving improved profit, improved revenue, and by reducing their cost structure. Lean Six Sigma is Rick’s passion, and he wants his passion to work for you.